About Me

My photo
Really not hitting those big moments right now - but one day I will. I hope.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

WATCHES

Amid all the excitement of snow this morning, during which we checked in regularly with Mrs M to make sure the train line to London was fully operational (which sadly it was), came a wonderful pre-Christmas exchange from our younglings.

We were making breakfast when this occurred:


Blondie: Daddy – can I have an Ice Watch for Christmas?
Me: No way!
Blondie: Why not?
Me: Do you have any comprehension how much they cost and you can’t even tell the time.
Blondie: I can.
Me: OK (pointing at the kitchen clock adopting a high risk strategy) tell me what time it is and I will buy you one.
Blondie: (looks slightly panicked – whispers to Ginger – who whispers back) It is 8.30
Me: Ha. See! It is 7.30. Bad luck.
Blondie: (to Ginger) Why did you tell me the wrong time?
Ginger: So that Mummy and Daddy spend the money on me instead.
Blondie: (clearly pissed off, stomps out of the kitchen and shouts back) I’ll never learn if I don’t have a watch. And that is your fault Daddy.


I like her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment